Wednesday 18 June 2014

Personal Statement

Personal Statement (Amy Denver)

After studying art and design for most of my education life, It is something I enjoy doing very much and I would like to carry on with my studies at university as it’s where my main hobbies and interests lie. Through High school and College I have experimented in different types of media and learning new techniques, from pencil drawings to painting and from textiles to photography, I like experimenting with colour light, shape, tone and combining them all together, But the Main areas of Art I am interested in is pencil drawing, photography and Art History. I really enjoy using pencil to create two-toned drawings and being inspired by objects in my surroundings such as folded garments and reflections in mirror/windows create a 2d piece that has a 3d look to it, this is one of the reasons I enjoy photography, the photo’s I like to take also inspire my work due to the light reflections on objects, they way things look through a lense, could look just as good on paper. Art history I really enjoy, I like giving my own opinion on what the artists of a painting/structure/drawing and what they were inspired by, why they used the materials that used and what the purpose of the work is, without a certain definition on a piece of art, I can give my own interpretation freely, which is something that interests me and my imagination.

At the moment I am studying a 2 year Art and design course to which I will leave with a diploma in art and design (3 A Levels) at Blackburn college which I believe had prepared me more for a university course as it has introduced me to new ways of working and many more opportunities for my future. Since moving to this college I have worked hard and disciplined my self to meet deadlines and focus which I believe has prepared and matured myself for a university course to build up my skills and think more about what I want to do in the future relating to the course.


My biggest ambition at the moment is to develop more as an artist and I believe your university course will help me on my journey of achieving this, I believe I have the ambition, commitment and enthusiasm to do so and I hope you will consider my application to be enrolled on your Art course and help me become a more educated, experienced, successful student at your university.

No comments:

Post a Comment